Sunday, October 27, 2019

Weightloss emocional effects/reactions

Hi, I started getting into weightloss in January of 2018 but didn't start seeing results until January of 2019, and ever since I've been losing a good amount of weight. SW 270 and currently at 187, w/ GW of 160 ish. 6 foot 24 years old male. The last 20 ish lbs I lost were from an unhealthy mentally place.

I live a life of constant travel but normally I stop home for a few days every 4 months or so and last time I had a hard time dealing with the following, therefore would like to rant/ask for advice:

1) How do you react when people comment on your weight loss? I had to show my passport and driver's license to get into two clubs. My family and friends say things about it and I almost feel guilty/ashamed of losing weight. I don't know why I feel ashamed though, it's been a battle! 2) my family doesn't understand I don't eat how i used to and finds offense when I only eat one plate of food, albeit the food is normally very caloric sense etc. They sorta laugh at me and tell me I'm crazy. 3) I'm overwhelmed by food and inactivity in America. Like grossed out by it. I spend maybe 8 weeks a year back in the States and the food and the lack of walking is overwhelming. I'm mostly on rustbelt America when I am there.
4) I'm very concerned for my nephews and their size and all my family for that matter. Is there anything I can do? 5) I don't understand how people can be so nice to you after losing weight. It really, really bothers me, especially with dating, but I know I didn't l wouldn't want to date me either. But there will be guys who didn't talk to me or told me their not into bears( fat gay guy with body hair) all of a sudden interested in me after years of rejection. Or like, I feel like people want to suddenly make conversation with me more ? If that makes sense.

I'm still working really, really hard to lose weight while in Europe (my nemesis is gelato and pasta) yet at the same time enjoy it but I'm returning home again for Thanksgiving and would love some personal storiesnoe tips on how to cope with these aspects of weightloss.

submitted by /u/freespace22
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/333YPVq

No comments:

Post a Comment