Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Seven Powerful Words for Weight Loss

Hi everyone,

6'0/M/38YO/184 lbs/143 lbs lost here.

I've been through it. It's tough. And I wanted to share with you seven words that were immeasurably helpful to me.

These words are for those of you who have made the mental commitment to stick to the plan, but are afraid of the peer pressure to EAT, especially during the holidays.

You know what I'm talking about. You're there with your calorie-portioned meal, but your aunt/cousin/friend/whatever keeps trying to pressure you to eat more. Perhaps their motivations are pure, perhaps they are not, but it's irrelevant because I am going to share with you the seven words that can help you get through it.

The first three words are "no thank you."

Simple, right? "No thank you." Don't elaborate. Don't explain why. No "I'm full" or "I'm on a diet" or any other excuse. Just "no thank you" and that's it. You are a grown-ass adult and don't need to explain your life choices.

Let me repeat. YOU ARE A GROWN-ASS ADULT AND YOU DO NOT NEED TO EXPLAIN YOUR LIFE CHOICES.

Inevitably, they will persist. "Oh come on! It's Thanksgiving/Christmas/whatever! You can cheat one day! Blah blah blah..."

This is where the next four words come in.

"What's it to ya?"

Four powerful words, believe me. It took me a long time to figure out their power, but it WORKS.

Suddenly, this invasive, peer-pressuring person has to defend their invasiveness and peer-pressuring ways. Turn it back around on them. "What's it to ya?" is polite shorthand for "EXPLAIN TO ME WHY ARE YOU BEING AN ANNOYING ASSHOLE!"

They'll probably stammer, "oh, I didn't mean, well, never mind."

That's how it's gone for me 99% of the time. It's great. It takes a bit of courage, but it's only four words - be courageous for the amount of time it takes to say four words!

Hope this helps. Best of luck to you all.

submitted by /u/LOSFan4
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2BT5w0M

No comments:

Post a Comment