Wednesday, October 23, 2019

SV: I am in two-derland! 55 pounds in 100 days!

100 days to the day I started Saxenda and logging everything in MFP, I am under 300 lbs!

I have had a calorie goal of 1600, and have achieved an average of 1605. I let myself eat anything, and had daily goals of < 1400: I would encourage myself to eat, 1600 was perfect, 1800 was ok, and 2000 was definitely time to stop eating. I figure the "maintain" caloric intake for my body should be 2800 - 3500 calories, based on the weight I have lost and the exercise I am doing (or not). I have gone swimming about 12 times, and have walked the dog 20+ times... not great for 100 days, but more that I would normally do.

I have an appt with the doctor next month, looking forward to it, and have been speaking with a dietician (Hi Andrea!). I am also in the queue for a government sponsored weight loss program - it may be a year wait. Hopefully I don't need it then, but if I do, I commit that I will go.

Warning: this is going to sound like a drug advertisement... I generally anti-drug / anti-medicine unless it is really needed, but in my case, I think it was warranted. With that, I have been taking Saxenda (and paying out of pocket) for 100 days. It has really, really helped me with reduced appetite, I wish I knew about it when it was FDA approved. It is an epi-pen like injection (pretty small & short needle), and it reduces what I call "the hunger" - a desire to eat a lot of food, especially at bedtime for me. The side effects for me are pretty minor - in decreasing order: diarrhea, constipation, a generalized stomach pain (like feeling full, feeling hungry & feeling like you have to go to the bathroom) and nausea. I would take all of these side effects & more for the results I have achieved. It is not snake-oil, its FDA approved, prescribed by a doctor, filled by a pharmacist... people thought I was taking some random garbage. The first prescription was about $4 / day, now it is about $8 / day (I have been underdosing myself and using my hunger & side effects as a guide to dosage).

submitted by /u/throwaway_lose_it
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33Qr75U

No comments:

Post a Comment