Friday, October 25, 2019

MY FIRST UPDATE! 16 Years old, 40 pounds down, feeling better then ever!! (link to my original post and details of my diet at the bottom)

Hey r/loseit! I’m Mark, about 40 days ago I talked about my weight loss journey for the first time on here and the response you guys gave me was truly amazing. I’ll leave the link to my original post at the bottom of this Incase anybody wants to read my story.

Throughout all the amazing comments you all left me I was told to update regularly, I feel like I’m finally able to do that because for a couple weeks I found myself and my weight stuck, no gain of weight but just not moving down a whole lot, this confused me as I haven’t had a “cheat day” of my diet at all since I started 242 days ago. After some time of being stuck I decided I really needed to work if I wanted to reach my goal weight (189 lbs) before the start of the New Year. I download FitnessPal a few weeks ago and it’s been amazing, I’ve also started getting more and more active instead of just following the diet that I started with. That diet (I’ll leave at the bottom of the post) was the best thing to ever happen to me. Anybody that read my first post knows I’ve struggled for years and years with my weight and the diet changed everything for me. However, it also became a reason I got stuck at the same weight after losing about 30-35 lbs. I used it as an excuse in my head to not be active and not track calories, that’s why my weight wasn’t improving for a bit. Why do I need to go get a run in or track calories when this diet has already gotten me down 30 pounds? Unfortunately I didn’t realize right away how ridiculous that was, now that I have realized that it’s a terrible mindset I’m LOSING WEIGHT AGAIN! I’m down to my lowest weight in years at 204 and I finally feel that my goal weight before January 1st is obtainable. My self confidence is so so SO much higher then it’s every been, sometimes I look in the mirror and get so hyped up thinking about how far I’ve come and how different I look. Sometimes I get emotional In the mirror as well, just thinking of the hard times of not being able to feel comfortable in clothes and things of that nature. I still have a lot of work to do and I know that, but, thinking of me at the start of 2019 to now is a difference I never thought I’d get to see. Another thing I wanted to say is that as cool as it is to notice a difference in yourself, it might be even better when other people notice. I can’t express how uncomfortable I felt in my own skin for years, like everybody was looking at me because of my weight. Now, it’s flipped and it feels amazing. Like I said I’ve got a long ways to go but it feels so obtainable now compared to a few weeks ago, stepping on the scale on Monday and seeing 204 lbs gave me so much energy to continue to follow the path I’m on. I also look at the positive comments you all left me on my first post DAILY. I know this will seem sad but I’ve never really been told the things those comments told me, for that, I’m so incredibly grateful to all that left those amazing comments.

I really appreciate the support that this community has given me so much and I can’t wait to update you all when I hit my first major milestone of getting under 200 lbs.

Thanks so so so much, Mark.

My Weight Loss Story

No Chocolate, No Burgers, No Chips, No Fast food, No white bread, No Cakes-Donuts, No Cookies-Candy, No Ice Cream, No Soda.

submitted by /u/Mark_NYC_NC
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31LB0k1

No comments:

Post a Comment