Monday, October 28, 2019

Getting back into it and finding motivation

Hey y'all.

So I started my weight loss journey back in January at 253lbs. The reason I started seriously trying to lose weight (and actually did for the first time in my life) was because I had accomplished a long time dream of mine of marching a world class drum corps. For those that don't know, this is a summer long, physically intensive activity that I most definitely was not prepared for, and I knew the better the shape I was in when it started, the easier it would be and the more fun I would have. So I started CICO, and .... it was actually working! I was losing weight. By the time May move-ins rolled around I was just above 210lbs. I decided to not worry about counting calories and losing weight while marching because of how physically active I was going to be. By the time it was over I was down to about to 205lbs, just five pounds away from my long term goal of being 199.9lbs (something I had previously thought was impossible).

However, since I have been back I have been struggling to maintain that caloric deficit. I just can't seem to get into the mindset again. Over the summer, I would take 25,000 to 35,000 steps every single day while wearing a marching drum. I literally ate whatever I wanted and a lot of it. And didn't gain. Since I have been back at school, I have actually gained back up to 216lbs. I realized today that the reason I was able to stay focused was that I had an end goal in mind. I need to find a goal. I will hit 199.9lbs!!! For me. Sorry if this has been ramble-y. This post was more for me, but I just had to put what I was feeling into words, and I figured this was the best place to do it. Thanks for reading y'all!

submitted by /u/R1MSH0T
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/349jYh9

No comments:

Post a Comment