Thursday, October 24, 2019

Experiences with Weight Loss and Back Pain

Hey everyone! I [M, 25, 140, 5' 4"] was wondering about your back pain experiences. Has your weight loss by itself helped, or have you had to do specific exercises or go see someone (physical therapy, chiro, doctor) to address it? Was back pain a reason for you starting your weight loss?

I've had lower back pain for about 5 years, primarily I think because of a bad mattress and desk situation in college. It didn't really stop me from doing daily activities besides the fact that I'd avoid certain movements (e.g. hinging at the waist 90 degrees). Then one time about a year and a half ago, I flew across the US and my back really hurt; had to miss three days of work and just spent it lying down in bed. I ended up going to PT for probably 12 sessions once a week. The exercises were good but I had trouble adhering to the exercise plan. I think part of it was that I didn't have immobilizing pain anymore and part of it was that I didn't block out a time and space during my day to do it.

In the end, I stopped going to PT because I felt like I wasn't making progress and now I'm still living with the back pain. People have mentioned losing weight for it (I could probably lose 10-15 pounds) so was wondering if it could kill two birds with one stone: better physique + less pain!

Would love to hear about your experiences!

submitted by /u/Triple_A
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32MrqPg

No comments:

Post a Comment