Wednesday, October 30, 2019

SV Gave myself a birthday present by hitting my initial weight goal

So on August 15, I started my weight loss journey (then-31, F, 64.5kg, 157cm). I set my initial goal to get below 60kg before my birthday (Oct 30). Which is ten and a half weeks, so it allows for a healthy and slow weight loss.

I started calory counting without restricting myself in what I could eat (as I know if I got too strict, I wouldn't have been able to keep it up, and I love sweets and other "unhealthy" stuff), aiming for a deficit of about 500 calories a day. I also started adding in more healthy food to switch out some of the unhealthy stuff I've been eating, to make my belly full without filling up my daily calories too fast. (Tip: Cherry tomatoes make for a great snack food instead of chocolate, chips, or similar stuff; and for me at least those Zero or Light sodas with almost no calories help with sweets cravings a lot without screwing up my daily calory count.) And I started going to the gym more regularly again, which is always a bit of a struggle as I'm chronically ill, but I've managed to stick to 2-3 times per week for most of this time now. I do mostly strength training there, a full-body workout with machines and dumbbells, since that's what I love doing.

A month later, I started to watch and note down my protein intake as well to minimize muscle loss (and because I had just then learned more about all that). I'm aiming for at least 90g of protein per day, which I'm not always hitting, but that's okay. I'm trying.

Some weeks ago I hit kind of a plateau, so I had to adjust my daily intake some to get the scales moving down once more. Slowly but surely. The biggest measurable change outside the scales was my waist; I've lost about 5cm in waist circumference! I finally have a waist again!

Some added benefit of watching what and how much I eat was that I didn't feel so stuffed and bloated anymore all the time, which I think in turn gave me more motivation to actually work out even at home (a full belly doesn't like bending and twisting much...).

Yesterday, on Oct 29, my scales finally showed me a number starting with a 5 for the first time in forever. 59.9kg, yesterday and today, just in time to make my intial goal come true!

Next goal is to stabilise for a week or two, then go down to below 58kg before the end of this year (end goal probably around 55kg with hopefully bringing down my body fat % to 25% or lower).

submitted by /u/Miro_the_Dragon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WuDVwd

No comments:

Post a Comment