Saturday, October 26, 2019

At my heaviest now, looking for a lifestyle change

On mobile, bear with me!

TL; DR: 22 y/o (F) at her heaviest trying to end a 10 year battle with food and body image. I’m wondering what resources helped tot!

Hello everyone, I am here seeking advice. I’m 22 years old (F), 5’5” and I just hit the 190lbs mark. I’ve always been big boned, and for the past 10 years I have been obsessed with weight loss but never to the point that I could curb my poor eating habits. I have a huge sweet tooth and this is something I still struggle with, but the thing that made me gain the most was drinking. I can down an entire bottle of Kim Crawford Sauv Blanc in one sitting and walk away without a buzz. I struggle greatly with working out (who doesn’t?) because I find myself getting very dizzy/nauseous midway through. In high school I was active, I ran here and there and that was something I enjoyed. I played soccer too! My junior year I quit soccer and the weight started piling on. In college I did some yoga, and even recently I’ve been doing yoga but it hasn’t made any impact on my body composition (it has helped my upper body strength and it makes me feel amazing! But right now I am so pressed for time that I can’t spend 90 minutes at yoga and then go do cardio consistently), so I’ve canceled my membership and now I’m at square one.

I know my body’s preferred energy source is fat, and I know absolutely no moderation when it comes to my carb intake. I started reading Intuitive Eating and it really jaded my perspective of food..I’ve been in the “eat all the food!!” stage since I picked up the book 2 months ago..which is what lead to the last 15 pounds creeping up. I love to binge eat. I have absolutely no self control. When I pick up a large plate my body goes on auto pilot and I just eat and eat and eat.

I really love to cook but I struggle to stay organized when grocery shopping. I’m spending like $6-7 per plate of food, and oftentimes will just eat out because it’s easy and sometimes cheaper.

I’m so tired of being insecure. I was insecure before when I was around 140-150lbs but this extra 40 pounds of drinking/9-5 desk job weight has made it so I don’t even want to take pictures of myself.

So where do y’all recommend starting? In the past I’ve bitten off more than I could chew (haha) when it comes to making lifestyle changes, which has resulted in binge eating and an altogether distrust towards myself. What do y’all think will make the biggest difference to cut out? My current BMI is 32 (so I am clinically obese for my height) and would like to be in the 22-23 range. Does anyone have an app for eating/working out that they liked? Or a cook book? Or do you think a nutritionist?

The thing I’m looking for is consistency. I know there’s no silver bullet but anything helps! Thanks so much!

submitted by /u/bagbiller69
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MNmq7o

No comments:

Post a Comment