Saturday, October 26, 2019

Frustrated.

I've been on my weight loss journey on and off for years, and am now at a healthy weight (however I want to lose a little more because I am unhappy with my weight) so I've been counting my calories and ensuring that I don't go above the caloric intake I have set myself with. (I calculated my TDEE). So far, everything has been going ok, with some falling off the wagon days, but one thing I really can't understand is my family's lack of support? (18, f, 174cm and 61kg currently, I wish to drop to 59kg)

I try to eat healthier these days and within my budget (1500) so I eat foods like oats and more vegetables and reject those I think would be too unhealthy... but my family constantly brings me food when I'm stuffed and don't want to, and then they berate me for not eating what they tell me to eat. I get that they show me love through food, however, forcing me to eat when I'm full or to eat a bigger portion than I have to is not the way to go, and getting upset when I don't eat the way they want to... I really have no clue. I feel bad for making them mad but I am genuinely dissatisfied with my body, so am I wrong for trying to change it?

Moreover, they have a thing against healthy foods. For context, a few months back I got onto eating healthier and exercising more, but one day I overdid it and ended up w a concussion lol (to clarify, it's not because of my diet, but because of dehydration) My family got really freaked out (understandably) and from then on, had this firm belief that it was these healthy eating that caused me to faint. They think I'll die if I continue eating like that, and I understand their fear and have been telling them that I'm getting sufficient calories and nutrients but they just won't listen...?? It's not like I don't eat unhealthy foods completely, I just eat less of it compared to before, and suddenly its not ok.

I get that they are concerned about me, and I really appreciate their concern, but it's causing some tensions between my family and I, and I'm frustrated and at a loss. I don't want to stop losing weight, but I'm not willing to sacrifice my relationship with my family. I don't know what I should do, and it really sucks to have your family NOT support you (and even say that you're sick because of your wish to lose weight)

Am I a terrible person for being this way?

submitted by /u/throwawayyyyikes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NfsRPp

No comments:

Post a Comment