Wednesday, October 30, 2019

NSV

I have been feeling so much more comfortable in my body and my weight loss lately. The scale was stuck at 170 for a few months and for the last month has been stuck at 165. While that is frustrating, it made me focus on the other ways that my health and general mindset has been changing.

A week ago I had the opportunity to buy chips, which I did. However, I went for the snack size bag and I didn't finish it. When i have the opportunity to get junk food, sometimes I give in, but it is always in moderation.

Last night, I went to the grocery store to get some things and I passed the ice cream aisle. I walked down it and sat there and looked at which flavor I was going to get, knowing I would probably eat the whole pint.

I was imagining how each of the flavors would taste. Then all of a sudden I stopped. I thought about how the flavor of it really wasn't worth it tonight. Granted, I'm sure there will be other nights where it seems worth it, but today it didn't. Instead I got a chocolate bar, which still was like 400 calories, but that is so much better than the 1000 calories I would have eaten with the pint of ice cream.

I know to others this might not seem like much, but to me it means the world. It means that I am learning how to do eat in moderation and make healthy choices without constantly tracking. The habits that I have been trying to create are really actually starting to stick.

I still have a long way to go, but it makes this lifelong journey seem all that much more sustainable.

submitted by /u/keepon_lifting
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PCJXtD

No comments:

Post a Comment