Monday, March 2, 2020

Gotta love being chastised for healthy habits...

I am losing weight because I reevaluated my relationship with food. I see food as fuel now, and I want to make sure I'm using premium fuel so my body runs the best it can.

This means I don't eat junk anymore, and I really don't want to.

If I go out for lunch with friends I get salads with extra grilled chicken. I'll do a burger, but I'll get steamed veggies instead of fries. I don't do desserts, unless its the protein ice creams I get from my local grocer. Sure I know fried foods and sugary snacks taste good, but I also know how they're going to make me feel after I eat them, so I don't eat them.

My weight loss is becoming very noticeable to people around me, and now I'm getting negative projections from them when they see my eating habits first hand. They can't understand how I'm torturing myself by not enjoying the good things in life. "Oh come on, a basket of fries isn't going to kill you." - No, but they'll make me feel bloated and upset my stomach. "But you loved mint chocolate chip ice cream! Just eat some and get over yourself." - I don't enjoy the crash after eating that much sugar, so no thank you. None of the repercussions are worth it to me.

I get it, they're being insecure and feeling guilty about their habits so they need to try and bring me down to their level. I dealt with the exact same thing when I quit drinking. It's just super annoying and I'm getting sick of hearing it. Yesterday I spent the afternoon meal prepping all my lunches and dinners for the week. I am so over being chastised for my food choices, so I've removed the need to go out to eat. It's for the best anyways, meal prepping is a lot more wallet friendly and it takes the guess work out of caloric monitoring.

submitted by /u/RemorsefulArsonist
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3csQyzQ

No comments:

Post a Comment