Monday, March 2, 2020

When do you feel like you have quit maintaining?

Last week I discovered I was at 65.5kg instead of the 64kg I want to weigh and have maintained since August 2018. No biggie I thought, I'd eat what I eat now and lose the weight again!

Today I jumped on the scales and I'm at 65 kg, that's definitely a weight loss and I was happy but then I realized that since I was losing weight again I technically haven't maintained it.

I suppose I could call the 1.5 kg gain a fluctuation but at what point do you look in the mirror and tell yourself that you haven't maintained the weight?
Like, I haven't gained a lot of weight and I am losing the weight I did gain but does that count as maintaining it?
I feel like I should be less proud about my weight loss if I start gaining (some) weight again, especially after I advocated for CICO to some of my friends and colleagues.

I just feel like it's a bit dangerous to still tell myself I've maintained the weight loss and then not actually realizing I haven't. I think it could lead to me going back to eating too much again and gaining way more weight as a result.

submitted by /u/rodinj
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3coBTW2

No comments:

Post a Comment