Monday, June 1, 2020

So how exactly does intermittent fasting help lose weight?

So I'm currently trying out intermittent fasting by the 16/8 rule since many people here swear by it. Even previously I ate in a 9 hour window so this isn't too big of a change. Just wanted to ask the science behind how intermittent fasting leads to weight loss? 2 specific questions-

- Does it rely on the fact that you end up less calories because you have a smaller eating window? I currently eat 4 meals in a day and was just planning on fitting these meals into my eating window without reducing the number of calories. Will I still lose weight at a faster pace or does the whole idea revolve around the fact that I would eat less calories?

- I currently eat breakfast at around 10 and dinner at around 6 (so I fast for about 15.5 hours). Is there any scientific reason for the 16 hour fast or is the window somewhat flexible?

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/fugly1312
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XShYIP

No comments:

Post a Comment