Sunday, December 6, 2020

Going to begin my weight loss journey this week (22 y/o, currently a horrific 6ft/140kg). How do I get over the fear of not having enough willpower with my family leaving snacks all over or the fear of failing again like I did the last 2 times?

Twice I've made significant progress and the first time I missed a couple workouts due to exams and it all came crashing down and the second time I hurt my toe badly and missed a couple workouts and it all came crashing down. And then both times I felt like total shit and rebounded to even worse weight than before, culminating in the current insane situation.

How do I convince myself that this won't happen again? I'm paralyzed by that fear and it's keeping me from starting in full earnest with belief in myself. I mean, of course unforeseen circumstances will happen again at some point leading to me going off the rails on my workout/diet. Even if it's for a day, it could bring the whole damn house of cards crashing down and make me an utterly worthless failure for the third damn time.

Not to mention there's a crapton of circumstances that make things even harder such as no meat being allowed in my house so pretty much no access to cheap, healthy, and tasty lean protein. Plus only access to the most basic of foods due to living in the third world, no fancy stuff. And no access to a proper gym either or a trainer so no lifting -- all I got is free weights, an exercise bike, and maybe I could get access to an elliptical. That's it. How can I bring myself to have hope of progress in such a situation and ensure that this time it's for real and forever?

submitted by /u/thebluthbananas
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VJCASL

No comments:

Post a Comment