Saturday, December 19, 2020

How do people in maintenance handle cheat meals and weighing in?

Hi loseit family,

I’ve been part of this community for years now and am so grateful for everyone here pushing each other to reach their goals.

A little context: 25 y/o female, 5’7”. I started out at about 140lbs in April of this year and decided to use the quarantine to get into the best shape of my life. I’ve successfully over 30lbs and now sit around 107, give or take. I am underweight now and arguably too thin but I’ve actually struggled a lot more with weight maintenance than I have with weight loss. (I’m sure a lot of people can relate to this, loss is much more black and white).

Anyway, a couple months back, after literally not cheating even once from April 1 - August 31, I decided to allow myself one meal a week (not day, just meal) where I ball out. I track to the best of my abilities and try to stay in a generally decent calorie range and it’s not a free for all day - just one meal - but I rly do what I want. Appetizers, dessert, alcohol, etc. I’m super strict for all of my other meals throughout the week, continuing to weigh my food, and I’ve pretty much been able to maintain my weight this way for the last 2 months.

My question is this: I’ve always weighed myself daily. The fluctuations suck but i plug my weights into happy scale and in my opinion, the more data, the better. However, I still experience some pretty epic food guilt and hate getting on the scale and seeing the 3-5lb overnight weight gain. I’m considering skipping my weigh in the morning after I cheat and just weighing myself 6 times a week. But if that’s the case, am I only cheating myself? How do you guys deal with weigh ins in maintenance?

If anyone has any insight into what they’ve done that works for them, or just any advice generally on how to maintain weight (I have such a hard time, I don’t know how to break the loss mindset), I’d love to hear it!!

submitted by /u/spteens10
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Kzybj3

No comments:

Post a Comment