Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Recommendations on overcoming unhealthy habits.

Not sure if this is the ideal place to post this, but it was suggested as a good subreddit with helpful commenters, so here goes. I haven't been trying to lose weight per se, more trying to get healthy (though weight loss will come if I'm doing things right). Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has good recommendations for overcoming bad coping habits. I've been trying to lessen my cholesterol intake (after a worrying checkup recently) and haven't been great at it but have been making slow progress. Today all of that went down the drain after I ate an entire package of bacon in one sitting because I was sad. I tend to develop bad coping mechanisms out of sadness; the first and most significant of which is food (another recent and lesser one is alcohol which isn't great for health either). One solution I commonly hear is to develop better coping mechanisms, but I've always had trouble with this; when I'm sad I'm not thinking about being healthy and between the options to cope with a run that will make me short of breath, sweaty, and a bit nauseous or whatever the nearest food is that will make me happy almost immediately it is going to be the food nearly every single time.

Tldr: I have super unhealthy coping mechanisms that come out when I am sad and are getting in the way of me trying to be healthier. If you have advice on overcoming this I would appreciate it.

submitted by /u/muh_reddit_accout
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33GAwj0

No comments:

Post a Comment