Monday, April 26, 2021

A little help getting started, if possible!

Hey everyone, I've been stalking your helpful posts for a while and thought it's time to get some help. I made a new account that's private as I'm a pretty private person.

I've struggled with my weight for a long time and started weight loss goals only to fail. Last year after a serious bout of depression, I realised I needed to do something good before I felt irreversibly worse, so I started walking every day. I started out setting a goal of just getting out of the house every day and not worrying about restricting my diet for now, no matter how long the walk was for, and it kinda worked! I started feeling better in myself, and 4 months and a couple of virtual challenges later I've started getting into cycling and really loving it. Like elated loving it. I've built up from doing rides of about 5k, to doing a 32k ride this weekend (I was so crazy happy). I cycle a few times a week, and try walk on other days.

So now I'm feeling better in myself, I'm approaching my diet. I haven't really lost anything more than a couple of KG, which I find really confusing, because my diet has stayed the same - not great, but not more than I was eating before when I was just sitting at my desk all day every day working. Obvs I know it needs addressing, but still a little confusing, especially considering my muscle % has only gone up by 1%.

I see confusing information about cutting out carbs, and then other info that says I need carbs to fuel my workouts. I struggle to process all the conflicting advice. I've started using LoseIt to track calories in the last couple of days, with a goal of 1400 calories a day - is this too much? Obvs I would like to lose weight as fast as it's safe and healthy and sustainable, but I don't have a set time goal - I'm using the virtual challeneges to make sure I have SMART workout goals.

What kind of meals do you guys (particularly any cyclists) recommend for losing weight while still fuelling my exercise? Do you add calories on days you've worked out?

I don't know if it helps, but I'm 5ft 9inch, 124kg (yes, I know, I need to get my act together lol - it's evenly distributed, so I'm kinda over the horizon of ultra curvy, but I don't have any mobility issues or anything like that). I really truly appreciate any help anyone is able to give me. My self-esteem is pretty fragile at best, so please don't come at me about my weight, I know I'm very overweight, I'm trying my best to get healthier and fitter. Thanks so much in advance.

submitted by /u/dontbeanannehog
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dT6JJq

No comments:

Post a Comment