Sunday, April 25, 2021

You got this.

I’m certain the pandemic over the last year has hindered a lot of us in some way when it comes to weight loss, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible.

Last year, I started a journey myself and became my own worst enemy during a period of depression. I moved out to Vegas weighing 455lbs (206kg). I was working out with a friend of mine, on and off but pushing myself when I did. I hit a few bumps in the road between moving and losing jobs, falling behind in rent and hitting a vast wave of depression for a few months.

Over time, it seemed like all my work wasn’t going anywhere. I didn’t weigh myself, because I was afraid of the number I might see and be discouraged. I stopped working out, maybe went to the gym a couple times or went for a short walk but I wasn’t motivated at the time.

I slowly started to notice a bit of loose skin on my forearms, bought my own gym membership and just started to go. Self discipline became such a hard habit to form, but once the money in your pocket disappears in order for you to be healthy, it becomes a bit more motivating IMO and I finally weighed myself a couple of weeks ago.

I initially moved mid May, 2020. It’s nearing May now, 2021 and I’m down quite a bit... a shocking amount for me to see for the first time. I’ve gone from 455lbs to 320lbs (206kg-145kg.) my goal is to be around 250lbs (113kg). I went from a nearly tight fit 5x, to a nearly loose fit 3x. If I had stuck to it, been better about my eating and disciplined myself earlier on, I think I would be even closer than that, but I’m not going to kick myself in the ass about it.

My reason for this post is in the title. Weight loss is difficult, and I know it’s a lot easier to “do it later” or “do it tomorrow,” but in the notorious Nike slogan, just do it. It’s going to be hard, it’s not going to feel good sometimes, it’s going to be a little embarrassing for some of us, but it’s going to help us all live longer, healthier lives.

You got this. Whether it’s gaining or losing, bust your ass. Push yourself, but don’t hurt yourself. Be patient and let the results come over time, not overnight. <3 - Be safe out there.

submitted by /u/TB_Dargon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aEixgv

No comments:

Post a Comment