Monday, April 26, 2021

Is the Anti-Diet Movement confusing anyone else?

A little background on me, i’m a late 20’s female who has been trying to lose weight my whole life with some success. I have about 70lbs i’d like to lose.

My mind is easily swayed and I am easily influenced, and it has caused a lot of struggle for me in this weight loss world. if someone spent 10 minutes promoting weight watchers to me, i would think that’s the best way to go. but then if someone promoted cico to me the next day, i would think that’s the best way to go. lately, i’ve seen a lot about IE and am wondering if thats the best way to go about this.

but the one thing that’s really confusing me is all of this stuff lately about “anti-dieting”. no tracking, no restricting, HAES, body positivity, etc. i can’t tell you how many posts and videos i’ve seen telling me that any sort of tracking will not be sustainable, and that i will either put all of my weight plus more back on or will need to stay on whatever program i choose for the rest of my life.

i really don’t want to be one judging others, but i feel like the people promoting anti-diets are never overweight. and they’re always like “tracking is insane! you should never have to measure out exactly how much salad you can have for lunch! i’m going to have this huge salad and not feel bad about it!” like okay yes, except you apparently want a salad for lunch whereas i would rather have pizza and wings..... i feel like i’m in a different world.

the thing is, i have health issues that are made worse by my weight, and would improve if i lost weight. i want to be smaller and feel stronger. i want to stop binging. i want to have a healthier body in case i decide to have kids in a few years.

the anti-diet idea is so enticing because i’m exhausted with yo-yo dieting, tracking, and restricting. but i also want to weigh less for my health, and i don’t know if i can just do that the way people are promoting with the anti-diet. I really like the idea of IE, but i want to lose weight. i’m just worried that if i do CICO and lose 50lbs it’s not going to be sustainable like the anti-diet movement says and i’m just going to put the weight back on.

i’m sorry if this post is confusing.... i’m very confused. does anyone else feel the same way? I feel like dieting has always kept me in check and actually found it sort of comforting, yet exhausting. but now this whole movement saying it’s evil is making me wonder if this is going to come back to bite me in the future, if i don’t want to count calories for the rest of my life.

Would love to hear other peoples opinions on this. Thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/windyafternoon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32Ns14P

No comments:

Post a Comment