Tuesday, April 27, 2021

The pandemic fucked up my weight loss. (21M, CW: 242 lbs / 110 Kg)

Sorry for being so depressive and bitter about this :D

From January 2019 (weighed in at 249 lbs/113 kg) to September 2019, I managed to lose more than 25 kg (55 lbs) of body fat (undergone body scans three times - At the beginning of WL, during the WL and at the end of it). I was tracking my calories and trying to keep a 500 calorie deficit and it was successful. Next to eating clean, I would train at least 4 times a week (Muay Thai classes, 1-2 hours long workout sessions). Then from September to January I was just keeping the weight steady (around 90 kg) and pretty successfully.

Then the Corona came :D I spent 3 months of non-stop work in a warehouse (family business) and almost zero time to actually focus on my meals or trainings. I would have 2 meals a day but wouldnt count anything on my plate (but it was still healthy and simple) and even then I would try to do like 30 minutes of bodyweight workouts outside my home. Later on, during May, I even started jumping rope and actually got to a really good shape. Our gyms opened up at the end of May (I live in the Czech republic) and I started working out there again. My weight actually jumped when I started attending our gym. But it was for a short period where I was 95 kg instead of the normal 90 kg.

Unfortunately the government started limiting gyms at the end of October because of an incredible spike in the Covid numbers (imagine 10-15K daily cases in a country of just over 10 milion people). That is why I stopped attending the gyms altogether. I didn't want to risk catching this shit because of my father who would suffer greatly if I was to pass it on to him.

Since November to February, I went from 95 kgs to 110 kgs and I still don't understand how that happened. I became really depressed for these 3 months, I would eat all the unhealthy stuff that I could :D I am just so fucking angry that this pandemic happened, because of losing all the gains and gaining all my weight back. I had no motivation to attend online classes, work in our warehouse or eat healthy / train.

I have been working out in my garage (15 minutes of heavy bag work) for the last 2-3 weeks because I fucking can't see myself in the mirror without becoming really angry. I just feel like the second wave of lockdowns hit me really badly and it is very difficult for me to overcome this when locked down at home.

This is just a post that sums up my emotions, I know I will lose all this fucking fat that I gained back because I have already done it once, its just that I hate being slowed down in my progress. I want to train for full 60+ mins without feeling like I am about to die.

submitted by /u/Acceptable_Pickle_52
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3xpbGS1

No comments:

Post a Comment