Sunday, April 25, 2021

Someone noticed

I've been skinny all my life. Gained 50lbs after college and have been struggling with the way I look for a few years now. I'm a not-yet-30, 5'7 woman and once I hit 200 I realized something needed to change. I've been running for the past 6 months and so far I'm down 30lbs without drastic diet modification. Today, I ran into someone I hadn't seen since the pandemic and they said "you look good! have you lost weight?" No one has said that before and I felt elated, but then immediately filled with dread: I used to not look good. I'm not upset with them for saying anything, I just can't get out of this negative thought process. It's like I feel shame for being fat. How do y'all handle the weight loss comments?

submitted by /u/pocketpupa
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RZjHg1

No comments:

Post a Comment