Monday, April 26, 2021

Hit my 40 lb goal weight!

After & before: https://imgur.com/a/8vquk6H

I spent a lot of time lurking on here while I was losing the weight so I figured why not share the win here!

We're still on lockdown here and I live alone so basically nobody has any idea I did this, and I actually feel a bit embarrassed and insecure so I'm hoping to build my confidence a bit. I had some very serious mental health struggles which led me to the weight that I was, so it does feel nice to have accomplished this, both for my physical health but way more so for my mental health.

I hope that if there's a way I can support or encourage someone who feels the same way that I can be helpful. The mental work of learning to care for my body - BEFORE WEIGHT LOSS - was the key. I laugh now to think about all the affirmations I used to say in the mirror every day that I did not believe at all. Guess it worked though!

My goal was 40 lbs so I've surpassed that - although the progress pic is from 40. I'm 5'3 in case it matters, which puts me at a loss of about 28% of my body weight. The next step for me is to build muscle but I'm happy just practicing maintenance for now. Let me know if you have any qs! :)

Sorry the pics are pretty low quality and I had to crop them / censor my very identifiable tattoo - just trying to stay safe!

submitted by /u/clathr8
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3sRRwfK

No comments:

Post a Comment