Saturday, April 24, 2021

Today I looked in the mirror and realized I won. I think I'm basically done. Time to maintain!

Today was a big day for me. I've been trying to get healthy for 6 or 7 years. So, so many ups and downs. I started somewhere around 315 to 320 lbs. 6'1" male. I was huge!

Today, I looked in the mirror and I realized that my chest now sticks out noticeably more than my stomach.

I made slow progress, if any at all for a few years. Then I did good, then I gained back 20. Got pissed at myself. Lost more. Hit several plateaus. Finally last year got in the low 200s, then I just hit another plateau. The last couple of months I was just like "Fuck this" and supercharged the rest of the weight loss, going down to 1200-1500 cal/day, and here I am at my goal of 185!

Here's a before and after of me at my peak weight, and me this morning: https://i.imgur.com/6Hv0Bsh.jpg Even my fingers were fat, lol.

There's still a small pouch of fat/loose skin at the very bottom of my belly, mostly hidden by the shirt. I think I've lost considerable muscle along with the fat, so the last thing to do is maintain this weight, but burn off that last fat and replace it with some actual abs while maintaining the overall weight. I bought some adjustable dumbbells last week, started working out, and I'm shifting the dieting focus from a basic CICO deficit to more of a maintenance intake, with heavy focus on protein and nutrients in general as I keep up a steady workout routine.

Ugh, loose skin... I guess that's what happens when you're obese since 14 years old... yeah, I'm 37 now.

Anyway, I was just feeling good and wanted to share somewhere. This is hard work. You're gonna have wins, you're gonna have losses, but as long as you keep focused and don't beat yourself up you will get there eventually! I thought I'd never weigh 185!

submitted by /u/UselessSoftware
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dNBdw6

No comments:

Post a Comment