Friday, April 30, 2021

How to help my girlfriend take her weight loss a bit more seriously, and avoid fights.

Hello, my girlfriend and I have both been on a weight loss journey for the last 6 months or so and I've managed to lose and keep off 50lbs so far. My girlfriend has lost around 7lbs during the same time period, I have reiterated that its not a competition or a race but I feel like I am experienced enough now that I can at least offer some solid advice. But the catch is she seems to not actually want to take this advice. I try to keep it really simple like calories in vs calories out, I go to the gym with her and help track her calories but she becomes defensive when I point things out that she should be doing in order to lose the weight she apparently wants. I'm being relatively blunt here but she will regularly complain that she can't lose weight, and then I tell her exactly what the actual issue is and how to address it, but it always just ends up with her saying I'm condescending or even "mansplaining". Its not like I actively point things out at any given moment, I only mention it when she specifically asks me too. I feel like I'm trying my absolute hardest for her and its starting to drag me down being shot down all the time, do you have any advice for how to address this issue?

TLDR: My girlfriend and I have been trying to lose weight however she won't ever take my advice and the conversation always gets shut down. Any advice form you guys will be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/NICKTHEAUSOME
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3nCdNNv

No comments:

Post a Comment