Thursday, April 29, 2021

I struggle with portioning - a gripe from a short person

So I really struggle with portioning. I'm 5 foot nothing and I'm also plagued with a pretty slow metabolism (which is a burden bc I love food) and therefore my daily calorific intake should be smaller than the "average". But so much advice, particularly from women who weight train online is along the lines of "you should NEVER eat less than 1500 kcal a day, if you do you're starving yourself". On a normal day I probably eat 1300 kcal, and even with exercise, that tends to maintain my weight. If I eat any more, I put on. I am about 63kg, which is pretty light for most people but overweight for my height so everything is difficult.

Another thing is that so much pre-bought food is portioned for the average weight/height person. So I have to then think harder about how I'm going to portion protein (I'm plant based mainly). Also, exercise burns fewer calories for me, even when I match the intensity, length, etc of others, my Fitbit shows fewer calories burned. I guess cos my muscle fibre lengths are smaller? So I've started working on building more muscle, I figured more fibres more energy burned?

Weight loss when you're short is a nightmare. I see these women that are maybe 4 inches taller than me and weigh the same and their body doesn't look anything like mine.

I feel like the only thing I'm actually good at is "pick up heavy thing put heavy thing down". I suppose because my centre of mass is closer to the ground or something. I'm a shite runner (I do it anyway) my legs are stocky and short.

Any advice?

submitted by /u/aperdra
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SdS17p

No comments:

Post a Comment