Thursday, April 29, 2021

I feel like I'm not making any progress, and it's really discouraging

i was one of many who put on weight during covid (around 20lbs), i was already around 10 above the healthy weight for my height and age (i'm 5'2). so nothing extreme in terms of weight loss, but i'm not really seeing much progress.

since the new year, i've been making changes to my lifestyle. i got a job that keeps me on my feet, went back to school in person, a gym membership, and even a personal trainer. so i've been busy and a lot more active than i was for a majority of 2020. i go to the gym 5 days a week, 1 time is with the trainer. i also have an apple watch to keep track of my calories and exercise minutes. i've been more mindful of eating and calories, but not perfect. more recently i've been focusing on getting enough protein.

i really do want to lose weight, i want my old body back and to feel comfortable with myself again. as a teenage girl, gaining weight is so diminishing to my self esteem, and i just want to feel good about myself again.

but i'm not really seeing much change. i know weight loss takes a while, but going from minimal exercise to the gym and weight training 5x a week, i expected more of a change.

my measurements have gone down, but only by 1/2- 1 inch since january. some of my clothes fit a little better, but not as well as they used to. my weight has gone down a few pounds, but it's just discouraging. with the trainer, i found out my body fat percentage has gone down but weight stayed the same, meaning i lost fat and gained muscle.

but still, i'm not seeing much of a change, and i feel like i'm doing something wrong. does anyone have advice for this? is there something i could be doing differently? i'm going to try to get my step count up and walk more, i've heard that just walking a lot can help too.

submitted by /u/Virtual-Pie8795
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gXnDbs

No comments:

Post a Comment