Monday, April 26, 2021

My first weight loss adventure.

I thought I'd share my first weight loss adventures here. I'm not familiar with the acronyms and abbreviations. It all started with my wife buying Dr. Nows book. I thought it was something I could do. I am basically doing 1200 calories a day. No sugar, low carb, and high protein. 3 meals a day and no snacking.

I am 35 5'7 and my last recorded weight was 176lbs almost 2 years ago. I weighed myself 2 weeks ago and I was about 181lbs. I never watched what I ate, pretty much ate whatever I wanted. I am fine with eating the same meals everyday day so I basically eat the same meals everyday. I have lost 11lbs in 2 weeks.

In those 2 weeks, Saturday is my cheat day. I eat whatever I want that day. I seem to average 2 cheat meals a week. Usually not on purpose. I am usually under my 1200 calories and I don't know if I should be increasing my intake to account for calories burned. I do not exercise, my job can be pretty active. I go for the odd walk and bike ride.

So far the most difficult thing has been getting used to the ridicule from coworkers about losing weight. They usually make fun of me saying my wife is making me do it. If I change up the ingredients in my meals they blame my wife. If I have a different meal, they accuse me of cheating on my diet. It's getting pretty annoying.

Some of my changes in my diet have been good and I will be keeping them. I changed my coffee with sugar and creamer to just sweetener. My tuna salads have been very enjoyable. I've started taking multivitamins. I was fine with my body and I still am. A lot of the low calorie options I've found I will probably also keep.

Anyways that's my adventure. I may not be giving it 110% but I am still losing. I'll keep it going for as long as I'm happy with it. Thought I would share with everyone.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/girango
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QriNsw

No comments:

Post a Comment