Thursday, April 29, 2021

Can eating too few calories stunt weight loss?

I started CICO on April 9th, eating around 1200cal/day (this number is based off of my TDEE- I’m not starving myself). I had started sometime last year but fell off the wagon and ended up 30lbs heavier than I started. Anyway, I decided to try again a few weeks ago and upon looking through my entries on MFP I noticed I was logging around 8-900 calories a day for 4 out of the 7 days this past week, which I believe is accurate because I was so busy that I hadn’t even noticed how little I ate and also wasn’t hungry. I also cycle around 10 miles/day on a stationary bike and don’t log exercise so my calorie count was even less. I actually went up a pound and have been stagnant since then and am wondering could that have caused this stop? I know there are ups and downs in weight loss so I’m not concerned about that- I’m just wondering whether eating too little for a few days here and there can trigger your body to hold on to what it has or whether it takes an extended period of malnourishment for that to happen?

submitted by /u/North-Cauliflower193
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aT2X0K

No comments:

Post a Comment