Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Beneficial to do a 5 minute workout every hour?

So, I'm trying to get back into consistently working out after going from an athlete to doing basically nothing in 5 years. Due to health problems I have to stick to low impact like walking, yoga, and bodyweight exercises. For my weight loss goals, this means I'm usually having to do them for a lot longer (my brisk walks are usually 30 to 60 minutes long).

I'm wondering if chopping this up could have similar effects for weight loss and overall body toning. Like, if I were to go up 20 flights of stairs at my apartment building each time the clock hits the hour mark. I personally do get winded from this, so my heart rate is decently raised. Does it need to be raised for a prolonged amount of time or is sporadic fine enough?

submitted by /u/winwinchickenlunch
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dYJ6yX

No comments:

Post a Comment