Sunday, April 25, 2021

Did anyone choose not to weigh themselves?

Would love to hear some experiences from those who chose either to not weigh themselves or to do it very infrequently (i.e. once a month or every 2 weeks). Will share my experience below in case anyone can relate.

I'm starting to wonder if weighing myself might be sabotaging my attempts at weight loss. I've been doing it daily for years and it tends to eventually lead to me crunching all sorts of numbers (how much will I weigh by this date if my deficit is x amount of calories) and stressing out. I've also noticed that if my weight fluctuates upwards, even though I know it's normal, it takes a lot of mental energy for me to trust the process and not panic over it, which often leads to comfort eating or a binge.

My weight loss attempts have been sporadic over the years, but I realised yesterday that the times I was happiest about it were when it happened almost by accident. Like I would have a stressful few months at school and not weigh in but when I eventually did, I had maintained my loss perfectly. Or just choosing to eat better in the run up to taking weight loss more seriously and finding I'd lost 7lbs.

I'm now thinking of putting my scales away and just consciously trying to move more and eat cleaner/still track calories for a few months and see where I end up.

What do you think?

submitted by /u/friendswithbees
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gD5HTx

No comments:

Post a Comment