Monday, April 26, 2021

Being fat is the same as being invisible (ironically)

23/f/5’11 SW-267 CW-246

Not sure if you can post this here so please delete if not relevant. I have a little rant about weight loss and life.

I have always been fat, not obese, but overweight in the mid 200’s at 5’11. I have always been the funny one in friend groups, the one who is always perceived as happy or just neutral territory to both guys and girls. I guess, girls don’t think your prettier than them so your not a threat and guys usually aren’t attracted to you so they treat you as they treat their other guy friends (hope this makes sense!)

Anyway, I am having major trouble feeling any sort of way about myself. I have started to see myself as neutral and just believing no guy would find me attractive. so at 23, I have no idea how to flirt, no idea how these things work, just no fucking idea how this whole thing goes down. What makes it worse is friends try and pry into your dating life or try and match you with people and it ends up making me feel even worse (like I am so incapable of doing such a basic thing -making a human connection). I know I am worthy to some degree, I know my friends are just trying to help but it’s difficult to explain to friends that guys don’t just hit on me all the time. I don’t get anyone in my DM’s, I don’t have guys try to get to know me. please know that I have tried dating apps in the past. I have tried to get to know guys in groups I am involved with and just NOTHING. Maybe it is that I am just a very intolerable person lol I do believe there is someone for everyone though, come on! Has anyone else felt this way? Do you feel like dating is easier once you lose it? What changed for you if you have lost weight?

submitted by /u/amillionschmeckles
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aHgF6z

No comments:

Post a Comment