Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Is less weight loss when first exercising normal?

So i record my weight every few days have for months been losing 3-4 kilos a month for a good while but whilst i was doing that my lifestyle was SUPER sedentary i got maybe 1000 steps if i was lucky most days i would wake up set up to study on my pc then goto bed.

Anyhow my weight loss slowed down from 1kg a week to 0.3k-0.4kg rather suddenly after i started exercising 40 min - 1 hour of brisk walking a day 5-7 km i am drinking a lot more water now i went from drinking 1.5l to 3l just because of the exercise.

My friend told me when you first start exercising the body can hold extra water weight for the first few weeks and that's probably what's making my losses look suddenly half as good but im super skeptical on that.

Is there any truth to what he is saying? i'm not eating any more or less only drinking more water.

I mean i'm still losing 0.3kg-0.4kg a week so i'm not too upset a loss is still a loss but it just confuses me how it only dropped so suddenly after i started exercising.

edit: i should note that my calorie intake is 1800 a day ever since i started losing weight i went from 2000 calories a day to 1800 now in a 3 month period i have been slowly eating less and less to go with the metabolism drop not sure if this info will help but yeah.

submitted by /u/Ryulightorb
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3tXWeKt

No comments:

Post a Comment