Saturday, April 24, 2021

Inherting my Dad's anxiety and Mom's emotional eating: the beginning of my weight loss journey

I'll admit that I have always at least been a healthy weight range and slightly anorexic at one point (post parents divorce when I was 13). My dad got custody and put me on a strict diet of whatever he was doing to lose weight for running. I stayed on the skinny mini (118-126) side of things till I started working at 16. If I had something I was craving I would buy it. If I was depressed, I would buy chocolate. If my dad didn't make dinner for me, I would eat some greasy garbage i could find at 11 at night..

Snacking became a problem with me. Chips. Sour candy. Chocolate. Cheese galore. It only got worse in college. I would eat fast food or make super heavy meals (spaghetti, oven roasted sausage and veggies). It got even worse when I started working full time and got married. As my cooking got more complex, the more calories appeared (pad thai, spaghetti with sausage and meat sauce, tuscan butter salmon and much more). If I had down day, we get takeout. If I was stressed, I snacked on sweets. I was trying to calm myself down while I was anxious by baking and cooking.

My dad's anxiety was inherited and not till two months ago did I finally get treated for it. My Mom's emotional eatting is less of a problem for that. I stopped play games as much and started working out 5 days a week and I finally weighed myself after years of not and I was 157lbs. I felt embarrassed but unlike many times before I didn't spiral with my anxiety. I came up with a plan: exercise is a MUST, counting calories is necessary and I need a reasonable free day once a week.

I am 23 year old women who is 5 foot 6 inches and I am currently 152lbs (took 3 weeks to lose 5lbs) and want to be 120 lbs and finally have confidence to really begin my weight loss journey and weigh my self regularly.

submitted by /u/thattennant
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3tTJhBo

No comments:

Post a Comment