Thursday, April 29, 2021

Hardcore May anyone?

So I've been noticing I'm starting to creep 100, 200, or 300 over my calorie goals most days. I also find I'm starting to make excuses to skip or shorten workouts. As a result my weight has plateaued the last 2 weeks. I have been calorie counting for about 5 months and am 28 pounds down (53 pounds total lost over 2.5 years of non-consistent effort) which is respectable but 11 of those pounds came of in the first 10 days, so other than the rapid water weight loss at the beginning it has just gotten slower and slower. I'm lucky if I lose a quarter of a pound a week now. I am super proud of the work I'm doing and I am definitely still recompositoning. But frankly I'm getting a bit bored.

I want to challenge myself again. I'm stagnating with the same old deficit, the same old workout routine. Now I want to see how much I can do, how far I can walk, how long I can go without going over my calories. I want to go HARDCORE. It's pretty dramatic sounding for basically sticking to my diet better and exercising 5 days a week, but it helps me feel motivated and like I'm a badass.

The plan for me is:

  • Stick to 1500 calories per day

  • Dont eat back workout calories

  • Get 5 -10 k steps every single day in May

  • Do ring fit for 30 minutes or go to the gym for 30 minutes(when the lockdown ends) 5 times a week.

  • When at work or on a sedentary day at home do the hourly pushup challenge (my partner does a challenge at work where they do 10 quick pushup or 10 squats on the hour when it is slow and I want to do the same). So do 10 pushups or 10 squats every hour I am at work or just lazing around between 9-5 Mon- Friday.

  • Challenge myself to choose the "hardcore mode" when doing stuff, which to me means when I'm finding something too easy, adding a twist to make it harder. Climbing up hill getting easy? Well I guess your doing high knees up that hill now. Planking not straining you like it used to? Add leg lifts princess! Gotta move 10 bricks? Put that wheelbarrow away, your carrying each one over by hand.

Anyone want to join me? Hardcore May buddies? What does your "Hardcore May" look like?

submitted by /u/comprepensive
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QB0ZLA

No comments:

Post a Comment