Saturday, April 24, 2021

I hate losing weight when my twin isn't [rant]

My twin sister and I have both struggled with weight issues our whole life. It seems like if one twin is losing the other isn't or is gaining. I've recently in a little over a year i've been on a long weight loss journey, despite getting pregnant in June I've managed to lose 60 pounds. Gained 20 of that during my pregnancy but lost all of it plus 10 now 7 weeks later. I'm pretty proud of myself but mostly because I've changed how I look at food entirely. I used to eat large portions of junk, almost lying to myself that I wasn't ingesting a ton of calories, but of course I was. Ill still eat some what badly but I'll lightly snack on it a few times a day, I usually allow myself at least 300 calories of something not so healthy (usually its organic chocolate or something that I can trick my brain into thinking I'm not making a terrible choice so I don't binge later.) All of this has been working great!

My twin sister is currently the weight I was before I started to lose which was close to the highest I've ever been. I almost feel guilty and like I'm being a bitch or a bad sister losing weight and getting things right for my health when she's struggling with hers. I love her so much and I just want to get healthy together. We're in our 30s now, I'm worried for our health if we don't. The other day my sister and I got dressed up to go out for our birthday at a local restaurant (where we safely socially distanced from the general public ) My mom came over to watch my little boy and instead of complimenting my beautiful sister that spent hours on her makeup and hair my mom told me I looked really nice because she can tell I'm losing weight. My sister is nothing but encouraging when it comes to me getting healthy but her mood dropped after that comment. I try to encourage her to walk with me but she doesn't because she's embarrassed. She hides from the world now like I used to, and seeing someone you love experience the pain you've experienced is hard to watch. I just wanted to rant about this, I hate this feeling and I wish so much that my twin and I could get healthy together.

submitted by /u/spookypickles87
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3sOI0Kj

No comments:

Post a Comment