Sunday, April 25, 2021

My 45lb weight loss journey through 7 years

Progress pic- https://imgur.com/a/E0BqtbT

I have been struggling with my weight since I was in 6th grade. I was always a heavy kid/teen/adult and over the years being overweight became an integral part of my personality. I consistently kept putting on weight through the years. I tried lots of diets and workouts, lost weight temporarily but the effective trend was always weight gain. The picture on the left is from 7 years ago at my heaviest at 186 lbs. I had terrible eating habits and never took my health seriously.

Then four years ago I decided that I needed to make a real change. This was mostly because I knew I wasn’t living life to my fullest. My excuse for everything was “things will get better or change when I lose weight”. I didn’t pursue any hobbies or dating or traveling because it was always something to be done when I was thin.

The big changes that I made was intermittent fasting and workouts. I registered for a half marathon. I had never run even a mile in my entire life. It was excruciatingly hard but I did it. I was in the last 10 people to finish at 3 hour 20 mins. I didn’t care. It was the greatest achievement for me. I eventually got bored of running so I tried everything from swimming to Zumba to weight lifting.

My weight still yo-yos quite a bit. The picture on the right is from this week at 140lbs. I go from 135 to 145 lbs but I have been in this range for the past 3 years now. 145 is the cut off to be in the normal BMI for me so that’s my hard limit. As soon as I hit that number, I start counting my calories and get my weight down.

I still sometimes look in the mirror and see that fat girl. I still look at XL clothes first. I still call myself a “fat girl”. I am trying now to change that mindset but it’s ingrained for now.

I am so happy to be here though!

submitted by /u/SticksAndStones3
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dS2hKO

No comments:

Post a Comment