Tuesday, April 27, 2021

A really cool (to me) new not-scale change!

I (41F, 5ft) began my weight loss journey 14 months ago. Due to a health issue, CICO and exercise were not enough to make true change, so my doctor has me on medication to help. Last year, I did CICO+walking 5ish miles a day+medication for four months, and CICO+walking for three months. When the pandemic depression hit, I had lost 40 pounds and went down to just CICO. I managed to maintain until November-January, during which CICO went out the window due to many factors and I gained back 10+ pounds.

I've now been on CICO+ meds for 10 weeks and recently added walking back. I've lost 20 pounds. But so much of the success of weight loss is in little things that are difficult to describe and I want to share what I noticed last night...

CW: 159. I'm down from XL top and bottom to M top and L bottom and those are getting loose faster than the scale is changing. That's okay, albeit sometimes frustrating. But last night, in bed, I noticed my legs fit together differently all of sudden. My knees feel bony against each other all of a sudden. There's less padding. I got up and looked at my legs in the mirror. I went back to bed and tried different positions. My legs are smaller, seemingly all of a sudden.

As I share this, I'm sitting with my legs crossed. They cross higher and more comfortably. My legs feel different.

Cheers to the off-scale wins!

submitted by /u/flamingmaiden
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QZRSDR

No comments:

Post a Comment