Friday, April 30, 2021

Does anyone here have ADHD and struggle to lose weight?

F/21/5’3” SW: 170lbs CW: 166lbs GW: 125lbs

I’m in the process of getting medications for ADHD, which I’ve most likely had my entire life but has only become a major problem in the past year or so.

I was wondering if anyone else has ADHD and has trouble either with diet (boredom eating, sticking to a calorie count, impulsive eating) or exercise (lack of motivation, boredom with running/walking, hard time with repetitive exercise) and how they handled it or overcame the issues.

I’ve never had to think about my weight, and prior to August of 2019 the highest i had been was 140lbs, and I’m assuming it was due to disordered eating and high activity. Ive gone from restaurant and dog kennel work to veterinary technician work where I am sitting for most of my 10 hour shifts. I have also stopped riding horses and living the active lifestyle I used to.

I’ve been trying to lose weight since quarantine started in March 2020, and have pretty much just gained and lost between 175-164. I just can’t cross the threshold and sustain the weight loss.

Currently I’ve been tracking weight using MFP and have lost around 4lbs in almost 3 weeks. I’m eating between 1200-1600 calories, and doing YouTube exercise videos daily +/- long walks/jogs.

Does anyone have any insight on ADHD and weight?

submitted by /u/claviclefreckle
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gPFYHt

No comments:

Post a Comment