Sunday, April 25, 2021

Baby Steps, Right?

Mostly a lurker, comment sometime. When for some reason Reddit recommended this subreddit to me. (Granted I had been complaining about my weight so not too surprised). Mobile so unsure about the format stuff.

Any who. I (29F) decided that I need to start my weight loss journey. I’m 260lb and probably should be in the 140s. When I was a child, I had cancer and would have to take high dose steroids with my treatments, so the highest I’ve ever seen the scale was 300. Of course some of it came off after beating it. Then I developed gestational-turned-full-on diabetes after my first child 4 years ago. Family history fulllllll of medical issues that could be controlled if not entirely eliminated with good diet and regular exercise.

My two major problem areas is (1)my (self proclaimed) addiction to sodas and other high sugary drinks; and (2) lack of regular exercise. In terms of eating, it’s not wholeheartedly bad but definitely could be better. We eat mostly at home. But again, still could do better.

My short term goal right now is cut back on the drinks and try to go walking at least 2-3 days a week. At the moment, I don’t necessarily care about the numbers as much as I want to do better. But I also don’t have much motivation. I’m a mom to two small kids and their dad/my hubby and I am currently dealing with a lot of stress in my life, at home, at work, and some other internal battles. So even though I have my goal and the constant guilt/knowledge i need to do better, I don’t have the drive. I don’t know where or how to begin.

Basically, throwing myself out there because my regular support group is 4 years old and 1 year old and they don’t quite understand life either. So any good vibes and advice appreciated.

submitted by /u/merbear301
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dNf2pU

No comments:

Post a Comment