Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Finally hit 170! I'm so excited and needed to share somewhere!

About 3 years ago I was at my heaviest and hit 198lbs. I'm a 28-year-old female and got diagnosed with Hashimoto's when I was 14. I'm only 5'6, so at 198 I was feeling terrible from all the junk food, the largest clothes I had ever worn, and just generally self-conscious about how I looked.

I ended up seeing a nutritionist for about 6 months and easily got down to 160lbs in 2019. I stopped there even though I really wanted to be at 140lbs because I felt great and figured I could maintain there for a while until I was ready to go back to more weight loss. Spoiler alert! That didn't happen.

I did maintain for about a year somewhere between 160-165lbs, but after the 2019 holidays I weighed in back at 175lbs at the end of February 2020. I was horrified, then COVID hit. I was going through a lot at that time, working from home, depressed, and caring for my dog who had bone cancer. Sadly I lost my dog, and then I somehow got back down to 162lbs, but in hindsight, it was because I stopped eating from the depression.

After adjusting and healing, the weight easily came right back on since I didn't lose it in a healthy way and continued to eat like garbage. I got on the scale in February 2021 and was blown away that I was already back at 185lbs after having worked so hard to lose all that weight in 2019.

Well - no more! I was inspired by an upcoming trip we booked after getting fully vaccinated and have been working hard to lose the weight again. This time around I am doing CICO, IF, walking for an hour just about every day, and strength training 2 to 4 times a week. I pretty much never eat my calories back except for a Saturday here and there (weekends are hard).

I wanted to get down to 175lbs before the trip so I could wear shorts and not feel completely terrible. This morning I was 170lbs! I can't believe I have lost 15lbs! (again, but still!)

I keep telling myself - only 10 more pounds and I will be back to my weight from quitting the diet before. Then only 10 more pounds after that and I will be smaller than I was after my sophomore year of college back when I was 19 and FAR more active. One of the biggest things for me this time around has been paying close attention to how much better I feel when I just stick to my plan. That brownie or cookie on a Saturday night might taste great, but the hangover-like state I find myself in the next morning is just not worth it. Smaller treats have been so much more satisfying if/when I decide to cheat at all.

All this to say - YOU CAN DO IT. If you fall off the horse, it is okay. You can get back on, find a plan that works for you, and be successful. You got this!!

submitted by /u/angelakayyyy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aLtFs0

No comments:

Post a Comment