Wednesday, April 28, 2021

\\TW// Pro-Tip: seek help for your eating disorders before you start a weight journey

TW eating disorders, mental health and body image

Hi again.

About 5 months ago, I made this post celebrating my 10 kg weight loss.

everything was going 'well' and I was super excited about my progress until I went overseas for two months and everything came crashing down.

I relapsed 2 eating disorders that I had battled for years and never got professional help for. I spiralled constantly and fell into a whole other side of depression that was so, so sad.

I didn't realise that the manner in which I lost the 10 kilos was super unhealthy, borderline orthorexic and the unrealistic standards I had set out for myself had cause me to lose control.

I have gained back most of the weight but luckily I got the help of a dietitian and a therapist. BUT I really want to emphasise something.

Please Please PLEASE focus on eating disorder recovery FIRST before you decide to go on any journey. Sometimes you may think your weight loss journey is going really well, but if you have unresolved issues, then it won't be long before something triggers a relapse.

I say this with love because this is the worst I have relapsed, and I'd hate to see someone experience something similar.

Stay safe everyone <3

submitted by /u/Confusedartkid
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32ZSxbf

No comments:

Post a Comment