Friday, April 30, 2021

Tell me your story of success without calorie counting

Alright yinz, been a long while since I last posted. I lost 20 lbs last year through calorie counting and exercise. I reached my goal in the fall, and then started in on my next goal, training for a 50k. I ran that in March and it was great!

Now comes to the part I wanted so hard to avoid. I wanted so badly for last year's weight loss to be the last time, to kick my yearly fluctuation. But here I am 7 weeks after my 50k, up 12 lbs from my low weight last year (so, not that bad, but still erased half my effort). The reason I'm here is because my binge eating habit came back in full force after my race, probably coupled with post-race blues and maybe some real depression.

I'm working with a therapist now (yay) to try and suss out the binge eating, because ultimately that's what sabotages me year over year. One of her first recommendations was to remove MyFitnessPal from my phone, which I agreed was a good call. I don't want to have to track for the rest of my life, though I had hoped to be able to go back and use that skill the next time I needed to drop weight.

And so... now I'm hoping some folks on this subreddit can calm my nerves with stories of successful weight loss without calorie counting. I preached it, it worked for me, but apparently it might not work well for my brain... so tell me what else worked for you, please!

submitted by /u/UsedCellist1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3eNqph1

No comments:

Post a Comment