Saturday, April 24, 2021

How did you start losing weight again after gaining some weight back?

When I first found LoseIt on reddit in November of 2019, I became engrossed with the community and the tips on losing weight. At the time, I was 17 years old, 5'7, and weighed 209 pounds. I went to the gym and worked out with a trainer, so I was decently strong, but I didn't understand CICO. I didn't realize how much food I was actually putting into my body. I started tracking calories consistently (there were times when I didn't, but those times didn't last long) and started to lose weight. By the summer of 2020, I had lost 37 pounds. By that time, I was tracking calories slightly less strictly than I had been earlier. I think I hated myself and my body less and therefore didn't only think about food, losing weight, and changing how I look. By the end of the summer, I weighed around 172.

Then I went off to college. I had to focus on classes and living on campus, and I found I didn't want to obsess over food as much as I had the year prior. When I was in high school, I constantly thought about how much food I was putting into my body. It took up a lot of brain space and energy. Honestly, I really need to start studying for my Cal B final once I finish writing this post, but I think it's time to address my mental change in regards to my weight. I've gained roughly five to seven pounds in college. There was a significant gain at the beginning of the year. I recognized it, stopped it, and began to maintain my weight. In the past two weeks, the scale has been creeping up, and I know I need to change how I eat and how I think about weight loss.

I think there are two things I personally need to address:

  1. How to be healthy on a college campus: I need to start eating more healthy snacks and preparing little, simple meals that aren't too calorically dense. It's so easy to walk to the caf and buy a serving that is too large. It's better for me to control the serving of food I put in front of myself rather than have to not finish a plate of food (that's something I still struggle with). And I need to start working out/engaging in healthy exercise. I know that's not absolutely necessary to lose weight, but it helps and it creates a healthier body.
  2. I need to figure out the best mindset in order to lose weight and get healthier. In the past, I think that my hatred for myself was what drove me to lose weight. Now, I hate myself less (which is a good thing, I'm happy), but I need to figure out how to move forwards in losing weight. I'm excited the semester is ending and I can go home. It's a chance to focus on my body and prepare for next semester in the dorms.

So, if this happened to you and you overcame the bump in the road, how did you do it? Did you change your mindset? Did you just return to your previous habits? Should I just become hella focused on food again? If you feel comfortable, please share your story with me so I can learn and grow.

I really have to go study, but it felt really good to express my thoughts here. I told myself that I would post when I lost 30 pounds, but I never did. Here I am though, turning back to this community that helped me so much when I first started losing weight. (FYI, this is a new account because I don't remember the password to my old one)

submitted by /u/cacticheezitz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32MEKo9

No comments:

Post a Comment