Sunday, April 25, 2021

Loose Skin Becoming a Worry

Casually over the past 2 years, I've lost 60 lbs down from 300 lbs. Most of my weight lost has been in quick periods of time where I was confident about losing weight. Now I'm down to 240 lbs and feeling the confidence once again to try to push for another 20-40 over the following year.

I'm 20 years old 5'7", Male, I'll be 21 this Fall. I've started to worry about loose skin coming to the point in weight loss where it seems to begin to become apparent. Some areas I'm worried I might already notice some loose skin like under my thighs, however I know skin often appears loose just from being obese. I'm wondering how much at my age, pace, and lifestyle do I need to worry about loose skin?

I try to stay well hydrated, I don't drink anything other than water, I don't eat sweets, I don't smoke, and I don't drink alcohol. I normally walk just under 2 miles a day, but I almost always have since I've never had a form of transportation. I always intermittent fast because it's just how my eating habits developed. However, I've been obese almost my whole life, and my weight has always shifted between being up and down around 15 lbs(I'm worried that alone could play a big role in me having excess loose skin in the future).

If there are any creams/oils I should use, I'd like to look further into that. I haven't found anything regarding how much of any cream should be applied to skin, how often, or what really matters between brands. I'd gladly dry brush, but I haven't found much online to convince me it's worthwhile.

Kinda Personal Beyond This Point:

I understand I'll always have my wagyu beef stretchmarks, but I at least want my skin to stick to my body once I lose weight. It's very important to me because, a big part of why I'm losing weight in the first place is because my real personality is pretty feminine, and I'm a gay guy who is preferably a bottom. Coming from a fat dude, that's pretty embarrassing for me to admit and display socially, even online, so I've lived my life with a fake generic white serious nice guy personality and very few of my close friends even know that I'm gay.

I'd rather spend 5 years agonizingly putting on muscle as I lose weight to eventually avoid loose skin than spend 1 year losing the fat and be stuck with loose skin my whole life and never be happy with myself. The idea that it's better to lose it than keep it regardless to loose skin doesn't help me here. I know simply losing weight isn't enough to make me look great, my entire endeavor here is just to lose weight while ensuring my skin still sticks to my body, everything else I'll work towards after I've accomplished that.

I'd also rather not hear the sympathetic "it's okay to be an obese bottom" coming from people who would never be interested in that sort of thing unless it's their kink, I'd never be interested in being a bottom while I'm obese and I wouldn't want to be with someone just because I'm their fetish. I've avoided any meaningful relationships, and I don't intend to ever enter one until I feel ready.

In all sincerity, if someone has read this all, thank you very much.
I'd love any advice, or tips for avoiding loose skin, even if certain factors make it likely I won't have loose skin. If I progress, I'll eventually post pictures, but I'm currently not comfortable with that.

submitted by /u/Lunar_Rook
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3njsuVK

No comments:

Post a Comment