Friday, July 1, 2022

Nobody should make you feel bad for your weight

So I’m 30F, 173lbs and about 5’6. I am doing a weight loss journey for myself and I want to do it in a slow and healthy way FOR ME. I’ve touched base with my doctor too and he doesn’t think I need to lose weight for my health. I actually have a GI issues where my doctor did mention it’s dangerous for me to lose too much weight. I just want to be at a weight that makes me feel healthy and I can do the activities I want.

Now, half of my family is very skinny, shorter than me and weight focused. It’s considered “normal” talk to tell someone “don’t have that cookie it’s not worth the calories” and “everyone should work hard to be at a health BMI” while watching the girl who isn’t at a healthy BMI in the room. Then telling me I should exercise. It’s like I do yoga, I walk, I lift weights, I cycle, I’m pretty active. Also, I’m getting married so I feel everyone is watching me and commenting on what I eat because they believe I should be trying to lose weight for our wedding. I get comments like “your brave to eat that pasta”

What I want to say is focus on your journey and the way you want to do it! I wish there was ways to change this toxic diet culture

submitted by /u/Spiritual-Ad-8787
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/dSl6MT7

No comments:

Post a Comment