Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Starting My Weight Loss

On June 12th me and 2 buddies started a weight based bet. I weighed in at 240, my other buddy at 250, and the third at 165(he's looking to gain weight, hence the "weight based bet"). So far I'm loving it.

First week I started every morning an hour earlier, and I did 10 mins of yoga and 10 mins of small exercises following a YouTube video for both. By the week after I had purchased an exercise bike(because I knew running wouldn't be something I could keep motivated to do) and 2 twenty pound dumbbells. I added a 20 mins dumbbell exercise video and 20 mins on the exercise bike to each workout, bringing me to an hour a day(sometimes a little longer if I decide to count a longer yoga session). On the bike for 20 mins I'm averaging 3.5 miles.

On top of all the exercise I've added, I changed my diet to fruits for breakfast and chicken or steak salads for dinner. I drink water, Gatorade zero, or Bia drinks. I cut out pop entirely.

I also decided to quit vaping, and I quit cold turkey. I was on nicotine disposables and black and milds for over 2 years and I'm very excited I managed to keep myself off of them.

I've noticed my irritability (I struggle with an anxiety order as well) has decreased substantially. Anxiety is something I still struggle with but having this routine and sticking to it(as well as getting off nicotine) has improved my mental health noticeably. Ive also noticed my arms and legs seem to be more toned, I have noticable muscle definition in my calves which I didn't have before. Only complaint I'd have is a pain in my left knee that doesn't seem to go away, so any advice there is appreciated.

To date I have lost almost 15lbs since the start. I plan to continue, I get married next summer and I half jokingly set my goal at a 6 pack by wedding time. I'm not sure if I can achieve it but I'm sure gonna try.

The main point in posting this is to tell someone tbh. Only my fiance and 2 friends have really seen my progress. Most of my family hasn't seen me recently or doesn't see me often, and I think it'd be kinda cool to be in shape by the time they do. I'm very proud of myself and I've kept it contained mostly, so thank you for reading along and sorry if my thoughts throughout seem jumbled lol

submitted by /u/fatboydown
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/BJWyMIb

No comments:

Post a Comment