Sunday, December 24, 2023

calorie intake question

hi! this is my first time posting here. I’m pretty new to this community and just started my weight loss journey in the last two weeks. I wanted to ask a question about calorie intake— I’ve seen a lot of people say you shouldn’t go below 1200 calories, but since cutting out generally unhealthy things from my diet (chips, chocolate, other junk food, etc) my calories are coming around to 1000-1100 per day after logging them in Lose It!, sometimes going higher into 1200-1300 but not frequently. is this unhealthy? I don’t feel hungry at the end of the day but I’m not sure if I should force myself to eat more to make sure I reach 1200. even on days when I go to the gym (I’m trying to aim for 3-4 days a week, and have mainly been doing cardio but slowly learning how use the strength training machines) I still don’t feel inclined to eat more, though I am trying to up my protein intake. I know I COULD eat more and I don’t think it would be a problem, but is it fine to leave it as is?

for reference I’m a woman and my height is 5’1, weight is 220. I’m pretty sedentary on days when I don’t go to the gym (only getting 1000-2000 steps per day, versus 6000-8000 on days I go the gym according to my fitbit.) also I have PCOS and hyperthyroidism but I don’t know if that affects anything.

thank you in advance for any advice or suggestions!

submitted by /u/deepestloves
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Z2uyHPc

No comments:

Post a Comment