Sunday, December 24, 2023

Vyvanse & TOPIRAMATE

Hi there!

I've never been huge on taking medication and just always been afraid of side effects however I've been in therapy past 3 years and have done more natural ways to cope and etc. This past year I've just been really having a hard time with my binge eating and had just lost 50+ pounds in 2020 my fear is gaining all of that back so I finally decided to see a Psychiatrist who diagnosed me with adhd and binge eating right before thanksgiving. She was so sweet and said she was here to help me and didn't want to see me struggle cause for one my adhd is bad and my job requires my full attention.

Anyways she prescribed me vyvanse and topiramate stating that the vyvnase could help me with both and I'm thinking great two birds one stone and then additionally stating that topiramate can also help me for binging.

I've been fine on the vyvnase but expecting my dose to go up as I don't feel much of a difference in my binge eating and or concentration and have no side effects. Dose is 30mg very low.

However me who's a hypochondriac googling side affects got me so paranoid to taking topiramate. However I know it all depends on the dose and the person.

I told my psychiatrist who's super sweet that I was paranoid about taking it due to the potential side affects that I had read about and two friends who had mild side affects such as a rash and tingling fingers and told her I didn't want to take it but didn't want to throw it away either in case I over come this fear and just try and see. I was also hesitant due to it potentially affecting my birthcontrol but she stated this low dose does not interact so I felt better.

Anyways after a few weeks of it sitting on my counter I finally took my first med. However I want to see if anyone had good affects of this medicine and what it did for you for weight loss and binge eating. I am in a low dose 25mg that I am supposed to take every morning and if you did have side effects were they temporary and how did you manage them?

submitted by /u/Kaitlyn2330
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ZlzUR1V

No comments:

Post a Comment