Friday, December 1, 2023

Eating Healthy with a Picky Eater

32F, 5'4" SW: 183, CW: 175, GW:135

Growing up my parents were the type: "What's in the pot is what you're eating, no exceptions" and "You don't have to like it, but you need to eat some of it". My parents eat an extremely varied, diverse diet and my siblings and I turned out to not be picky eaters in the slightest.

My husband's family was similar to an extent, but because his father is an extremely picky eater (even to this day), the foods he grew up with were basic Midwestern USA: white bread, white pasta, white rice, meat & potatoes.

I weighed around 150 when we met (I was eating alot of South asian and mediterranean dishes) and then gained weight over the next few years partially b/c of our diet becoming more like what he grew up with (and mostly other stress-related bad habits).

I put my foot down recently after the scale reached over 180lbs. I've always made my own lunches and breakfast, but dinner is usually the meal that's the most contentious. I'm required to eat more low-calorie-dense meals, and that doesn't leave much room for the types of dinners he wants. I've meal prepped some dinners for both of us, but inevitability if he doesn't like the dinner that's prepped, he'll eat boxed mac & cheese, pizza rolls, Ramen, or pasta that he'll prepare. Note: He's stayed skinny no matter what he eats, but his diet is not great and will definitely cause problems as he gets older. He ate alot of chicken, veggies, and rice when I first met him.

He's a grown adult who is ultimately responsible for his own health, but his unhealthy eating habits have limited the dinners I can prepare, and make my weight loss goals that much harder. I don't want to eat completely separate meals 100% of the time, but I also can't let his unhealthy eating habits be a stumbling block for me.

Can anyone relate and how did you deal with it?

submitted by /u/Awkwardsauce25
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/kgfjZNi

No comments:

Post a Comment