Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Starting Postpartum Weight Loss

I (28F) just had my first baby two weeks ago. Before I got pregnant, I was 130 lbs. I gained about 45 lbs and was around 175 lbs when I gave birth. As of today, I am 153.4 lbs. I am very thin-framed, so my goal is to get to (and stay at) 120-125 lbs. So, long story short, I am trying to lose about 30 lbs.

Until I heal up, my exercise plan is to walk 10 minutes per day starting today, and adding an additional 5 minutes per day every week. (Next week, I will walk 15 minutes per day, and the week after I will walk 20 minutes per day, for example.) In addition to that, I am just doing some kegels and gentle strengthening exercises to help my body heal from giving birth (cat/cows, clamshells, and pelvic tilts). After I’m a little more healed, I would like to start hiking, running, biking, and swimming as well as doing whole-body strengthening exercises, but I’m definitely not capable of that yet.

My nutrition goal for this week is to only have one caloric drink per day. I’ve been drinking a lot of chocolate milk and Soylent and Gatorade because I’m trying to get enough fluids for breastfeeding, but starting now, I will switch to mostly drinking plain water.

Is anyone else here postpartum? If so, how is it going? This being my first pregnancy (and first time trying to lose weight), I’d love to hear about what other people’s experiences are/have been.

In case it matters to anyone, I had a vaginal birth with no complications and I am exclusively breastfeeding/pumping. I know I need to consume a certain amount of calories (seems like at least 1800) to be successful at breastfeeding, so extreme dieting is not in the cards for me.

submitted by /u/MinimalistMoose
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/65uyDZj

No comments:

Post a Comment